Helping your child grow includes helping their smiles grow. From around six months of age, your children will need assistance in keeping their smile clean. Brushing their teeth is an important staple in their daily oral health care ritual to ensure their teeth will grow in and blossom for many years to come.
Your child’s oral health services for childhood tooth brushing features the following attributes:
– For children under 3 years of age, a rice-sized spot of toothpaste should be used, and for children 3-6, a pea-sized spot of toothpaste should be used.
– Try to use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Make sure to bring your child in for an oral examination to their pediatrician before they turn one year of age.
– Typically, use toothpaste that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance and has been recommended or approved by your child’s pediatrician.
– You should begin brushing your child’s teeth from the time the first tooth erupts above the gums until they can safely do the task themselves.
– Fight back against the habit of sharing of utensils or dental cleaning tools between you and your child.
To discuss your childhood oral health care options with Dr. Brent Porter and the rest of our team at Brent J Porter DDS, simply book an appointment at our pediatric office in Santa Cruz, California. Our number is 831-459-9802. We look forward to bringing your child’s smile back to its fullest.